We are committed to the safety and well-being of students, faculty, and staff, as you prepare to return to campus in the fall. We have implemented additional safety processes and protocols to help ensure the safety of campus operations.
- Cleaning & Sanitation
- CLEANING: Our sanitation standards and controls have always been industry-leading and the Covid-19 protocols we’ve layered in raises the bar even higher. Our systems and controls are designed to ensure that all equipment, areas and spaces are maintained at the highest level. Our products (detergents, sanitizers and disinfectants) have the highest possible efficacy ratings. Each associate receives extensive and ongoing training and utilizes our proprietary “Day-At-A-Glance Tool” to guide them through specific cleaning requirements for every station and space.
- HIGH TOUCH CLEANING: Per CDC guidelines – each location has identified all surfaces and items that are at higher risk of coronavirus contamination (door handles, light switches, condiment stations, etc.) and have implemented
- EQUIPMENT: All equipment utilized in cleaning and sanitation, including dishwashers, glass cleaners, chemical dispensers, etc. are checked multiple times per day for correct temperatures, concentrations and functionality.
- CDC Covid-19 Guidelines
- HAND HYGIENE: The most important Covid mitigation practice remains proper hand hygiene. We have provided our students and guests with Increased availability of hand wash stations, hand sanitizer, ‘no-touch’ service options and targeted signage and communication to promote hand hygiene. Our employees receive Substantial and ongoing hand hygiene training, an increased schedule of mandatory hand washing and appropriate use of PPE (gloves).
- SOCIAL DISTANCING: Increased signage, floor graphics and traffic flow patterns are in place to encourage our students and guests to practice social distancing. Where allowed, socially distanced seating areas are also established and maintained. Our employees also have assigned work spaces and schedules to encourage social distancing whenever possible. In areas with increased close contact where social distancing is not always possible (cashier stands, etc.), many accounts have installed plexi-glass an enhanced layer of protection.
- FACIAL COVERINGS: ALL employees, managers and vendors must wear facial coverings at all times while in our locations. Approved facial coverings are issued at the start of each semester and replaced as needed. Face shields have also been provided in key circumstances where additional protection is required (including quarantine and isolation meal deliveries).
- EMPLOYEE HEALTH: Our employees understand the team effort required to keep our students, guests and team-mates safe in this challenging environment. Each employee confirms daily that they have not travelled to restricted areas or knowingly been exposed to anyone with the virus. They also confirm that they are not experiencing any symptoms of Covid-19 (coughing, fever, shortness of breath, etc.). Every employee and vendor also undergoes a daily temperature check as soon as they arrive. In the unfortunate incidence of a case in our facility (guest or employee), we follow all CDC guidelines on contract tracing and space disinfection to ensure we’re doing all we can to mitigate the spread of the virus.
- Product Safety
- VENDORS & SUPPLIERS: All vendors and suppliers must pass stringent safety and sanitation requirements to gain and maintain approval. Additional controls will be placed on vendor deliveries to ensure the safe transfer of all products.
- FOOD SAFETY: Standards for food receipt, storage, handling and preparation are very detailed and specific. Each step of the process is monitored and documented so that quality, temperature control, and contamination risks are managed at all times.
We are here to answer any of your questions: Contact Us
For Roll-Over/Refund information, please visit this link: https://www.msstate.edu/newsroom/article/2020/04/keenum-shares-refund-information-msu-students
Your meal plan details can be viewed at mystate.edu under the tab "myBanner for Students"; "Account Information"; "View Your Meal Plan." There you can see which meal plans are active and the balance of your block meals and flex dollars available.